Have a chocolate craving but don’t want to make a whole chocolate cake? Then this Chocolate Loaf Cake with Chocolate Ganache is the perfect answer for you. Dense but moist chocolate cake with a silky smooth ganache. This is a chocolate lover’s dream!
The ganache comes together in just a few minutes. Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan just until it simmers (don’t boil). Pour it over the chopped chocolate and corn syrup and let it set for a few minutes to soften the chocolate. Then whisk it together until it’s smooth and glossy.
The BEST Chocolate Loaf Cake with Chocolate GanacheCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Unsalted Butter 170g
4 Large Eggs
All Purpose Flour 155g
Cocoa Powder 75g
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Espresso Powder 1 tsp
Vanilla 1 tsp
Hot Water 60g
Chocolate Ganache (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or butter a loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat for one minute after each egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder. Whisk until combined.
- Measure out the buttermilk and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix until almost combined.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla and mix until almost combined.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until almost combined.
- Add the hot water and mix until combined. Finish mixing by hand if needed. Do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the ganache.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, place on a cooling rack to cool until it’s still warm but can be handled without a hot pad (about 15 minutes) and remove from the pan. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Spread cooled ganache over the top.
chocolate ganache Directions
- Place 200g of high quality chocolate chips or a chopped chocolate bar into a heat -proof bowl.
- Pour 2 Tbsp of light corn syrup over the chocolate. (You can leave this out but the ganache won’t be as shiny).
- Place 200g of heavy cream in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until it starts to simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate so that the chocolate is completely covered and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together until completely smooth and shiny.
- Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes until the ganache is a consistency that can be spread, not poured.
- Use a spoon or a mini offset spatula to spread the ganache over the cooled cake.