I’m so excited to share this recipe with you! These Sugar Cookie Bars are SUPER easy to make and really delicious. I know they look really sweet, but the bars themselves really aren’t overly sweet. You can determine how much buttercream you add to make them to your liking.
This is a great recipe to let the kids help with. It’s impossible to overmix the batter, and you can add any color of sprinkles you’d like. I switch it up for the holidays. I do recommend using jimmies though, since the color won’t bleed when mixing.
Sugar Cookie BarsCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Butter, melted 226g
(1 1/2 cups)
All Purpose Flour 270g
Salt 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or butter a 13×9 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and salt and mix until smooth.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 26 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool.
- Cover with buttercream and add more sprinkles.
- These are easier to cut when cold. Wrap the baking pan in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Remove from the pan and take off the parchment. Top with buttercream, then use a large sharp knife dipped in HOT water to make the first cut. Dip in HOT water again and cut again. Repeat until all 16 pieces are cut.