A dish that is tasty, easy and reminiscent of Tie Fighters? Yes, please! This Star Wars Tie Fighter Pesto Caprese Pasta Salad is the perfect dish for your Star Wars party! (It is also is a great addition to ANY party.) This dish is vegetarian but can be made into a vegan or gluten free recipe with some changes to the cheese and/or boxed pasta variety.Jump to Recipe
It was really easy to make and you can make it the day before the party and store in the fridge. This pasta salad can be served cold or room temp (but don’t leave it out for extended periods of time). I adapted this recipe to include 2 pasta shapes that together look like a Tie Fighter: wagon wheels + bowties.
Star Wars Tie Fighter Pesto Caprese Pasta SaladCourse: SidesCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 box Farfalle/bowtie pasta
1 box wagon wheels shaped pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1.5-1.75 cups Kirkland Basil Pesto
2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cup chopped fresh basil (plus some extra full leaves for decoration)
2 containers mozarella pearls 12-oz containers
1/4 cup shaved parmesan (optional)
Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
- Prepare pastas individually per the box instructions to al dente. Do not overcook. They may have different cooking times so do not combine until after draining. Drain pasta and rinse with cool water.
- Combine pastas into a large pot or bowl with space for additional ingredients.
- Add olive oil, pesto sauce and balsamic to pasta mixture, making sure to coat evenly. Toss.
- Add tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and top with parmesan. Garnish top with basil leaf.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
I made this salad for my daughter Maddie’s Star Wars golden birthday. We will be sharing a bunch of other recipes including these Cherry “Han” Pies. I also have some fun Star Wars DIY’s for a Rey toddler costume and lightsaber bubble wands.