What exactly are sprinkle cookies? You could ask 10 different people this question and get 10 different answers. As well as 100 different recipes. For me, sprinkle cookies should have a different flavor profile than a “regular” sugar cookie. That’s why I use a few ingredients to bring these cookies a flavor all their own.
What kind of sprinkles should I use?
The type of sprinkle you use in these cookies is really based on your personal preference. I love crunch, so I use nonpareils (plus it drives my husband crazy to hear me eat these, so it’s a bonus 😂). If you like a softer sprinkle, jimmies work great as well. My kids like sanding sugar, which really aren’t sprinkles, but pretty nonetheless.
Once you’ve mixed up the cookie dough, use a small scoop to scoop out a ball of dough. Finish rolling with your hands to get them perfectly round, then roll in sprinkles. Place on the cookie sheet and bake.
Sprinkle CookiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Unsalted Butter 226g
Cream Cheese 2 oz.
1 Large Egg
(1 1/2 cups)
Almond Extract 1/2 tsp
All Purpose Flour 355g
(2 1/2 cups)
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Cream of Tartar 1/2 tsp
Sprinkles 1/2 cup (or more, depending on the kind of sprinkles you use)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an aluminum baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add Sugar and beat for 3-5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add egg and almond extract and beat for another minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Use a small scoop to scoop out the cookie dough. Finish rolling by hand and then roll in sprinkles
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.