A red velvet cake is good and all, but a red velvet Oreo© bundt cake is a PARTY! ?? Top it off with a cream cheese glaze and you might just see some eyes roll.
I’ve taken my moist and delicious red velvet cupcakes and turned them into a bundt cake. There’s just something about a bundt cake that says “easy” to me. Typically they are made in one bowl. And instead of frosting 24 cupcakes, you just drizzle the glaze over the cake using a spoon. Easy peasy! Plus, they’re just so beautiful. Even our rum cake that doesn’t get a frosting or glaze is beautiful all on it’s own.
After glazing the cake, sprinkle generously with Oreo crumbs.
Red Velvet Oreo Bundt CakeCourse: Baking
Vegetable Oil 220g
Vinegar 1 tsp
Red Food Coloring 2 Tbsp
Cake Flour 440g
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Cocoa Powder 1 Tbsp
Oreo Crumbs 3/4 cup, plus more for the glaze
Cream Cheese Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Prepare bundt pan with either Pam Baking Spray or butter and flour.
- Beat together butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined.
- Add oil, buttermilk, vinegar and food coloring. Mix until the color is even.
- Add dry ingredients. Once combined, mix for 15 seconds. Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then invert the pan to remove the cake. Cool completely.
- Glaze and then immediately sprinkle with Oreo crumbs.
cream cheese glaze Directions
- In a small bowl combine 4 oz softened cream cheese and 2 Tbsp softened unsalted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add 4 Tbsp milk and stir to combine. The glaze should be a pourable consistency. If it’s too thick, add more milk 1 Tbsp at a time until it is pourable.
- Using a large spoon, drizzle the glaze over the cake, letting it pour over the sides.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup Oreo crumbs.