You may call them Mexican Wedding Cookies or Swedish Tea Cookies, or Pecan Snowballs, but whatever you call them, they’re delicious! These little bite sized cookies are buttery and crumbly. They are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. The only problem is trying not to eat a dozen of them!
At Christmastime, my kids and I make loads of these cookies. They are adorable in a tin lined with holiday tissue paper and given as a gift. 🤭
To make these cute little pecan snowballs, mix the butter and powdered sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the flour and salt and mix until a dough starts to form. Add the chopped pecans and finish mixing until the dough completely comes together.
I use a small cookie scoop and then roll with my hands to get them perfectly round. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet one inch apart. Since there’s no leavening agent, they don’t spread. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool completely and then roll in powdered sugar.
Pecan SnowballsCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Powdered Sugar 1/2 cup + more for rolling
All Purpose Flour 2 cups
Salt 1/2 tsp
Pecans, chopped 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar on medium high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and salt and mix on medium-low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Add pecans and continue mixing until the dough completely comes together.
- Use a small scoop or your hands to roll into small balls. Place on prepared baking sheet 1″ apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or just until the bottoms start to brown. Cool completely and then roll in powdered sugar.