Pralines are a southern confection that are rich and buttery and oh so good! Naturally, I’ve taken said confection and added it to my Ultimate Fudge Brownies for the most incredible pecan praline brownies that will ever exist.
To make the praline topping, melt the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and let it come to a boil. Add the heavy cream and salt and stir until fully combined. Boil for another 1-2 minutes and then take off the heat.
Let cool slightly, then add to cooled brownies. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until the topping has set.
Cut and serve.
Pecan praline brownies are obviously not an every day indulgence. I’m showing 12 servings, but these are so rich that you can easily cut these into 24 servings.
Pecan Praline BrowniesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 recipe Ultimate Fudge Brownies, baked and cooled
Unsalted Butter 170g
Pinch of Salt
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat.
- When mixture comes to a rolling boil, add heavy cream and salt and continue to boil for another 1-2 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in pecans.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, or until the mixture starts to thicken but not solidify.
- Pour over brownies. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve.