I have to admit, I have never actually made these very popular cookies before Amanda sent me this recipe to try. She cannot get Hershey’s Kisses easily in Luxembourg, so I got to make them for our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies series this week.
I am happy to report, they were a HUGE hit with 2 of 3 of my girls (and I loved them as well). My youngest was scared to try them for whatever reason (maybe because they kinda look like a nipple– Lol) but I think she would’ve loved them if she did. I think on the scale of difficulty for cookie baking these are pretty easy to make and come together rather quickly with short bake times too. Stick to the milk chocolate kisses, as I made a few with the S’mores ones and they melted faster and didn’t hold their cute kiss shape. They basically looked like melted kisses but still tasted great.
Peanut Butter KissesCourse: BakingCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- Preheat over to 375 F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper. (I used 3 cookie sheets as this recipe yields about 3 dozen cookies).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla and beat until well-blended. Add egg and mix.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Then add combined dry ingredients to large mixing bowl.
- Using smallest cookie scoop (or a large spoon), scoop cookies and roll in superfine sugar. You can put sugar on a plate for this step, roll scooped dough into a ball in your hands, then into the sugar. Place onto the parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and set baking sheet on cooling rack. Before removing from baking sheet, push a Hershey Kiss into each cookie. Allow cookies to rest a couple of minutes before individually moving cookies to the cooling rack to continue cooling.
- Store in air-tight cookie container for up to 3 days… but likely these will only last in your home for a day or two if you are lucky.
I am happy to add another favorite cookie to our holiday cookie baking list! Check back for the next 11 days for more of our favorite holiday cookie recipes!
XOXOXO — Kristen