Y’all know I love a good blondie, right? These Oreo blondies are killer! Everyone in my house loves Oreos, so we will sneak them into any dessert. ☺ The chewiness of these blondies with the crunchiness of the Oreos is seriously the best combo.
Be sure to melt the butter first. I like to mix the melted butter with the sugar for several minutes to give the butter a chance to cool down. You don’t want the butter to be too hot or it will scramble the eggs when you add them. Ewww. ? Mixing it with the sugar also helps to partially dissolve the sugar granules, leaving you with soft and chewy blondies.
I always bake these in a 9×13 pan and then cut into 8 equal portions. Yes, they are large, but that’s how I like ’em. You can cut them into 12 or even 16 portions.
For the Oreos, crush 6 completely either in a food processor or with a rolling pin. Those will get mixed in with your batter. The remaining 12 will be broken by hand in to larger pieces and placed on top of the blondie batter.
Oreo BlondiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Unsalted butter, melted 170g
Light Brown Sugar 260g
(1 1/2 cups)
Large Eggs 2
Vanilla 2 tsp
All Purpose Flour 200g
(1 1/2 cups)
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Oreos 18, separated (6 and 12)
(Crush 6 Oreos into fine crumbs, and break the others by hand into larger pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
Mix melted butter and brown sugar until butter has cooled.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. If you’re mixing by hand, whisk the eggs before adding to the mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined. If you’re mixing by hand, make sure the butter is completely blended and there is no pooling on the surface. This will take 40-50 strokes by hand.
- Add crushed Oreos and mix by hand until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out with an offset spatula so the batter is even. Place broken Oreo pieces across the top of the batter. Press into batter slightly. Bake for 24-26 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown and the middle is set.
- Cool completely and cut.