If you ask me what my favorite dessert is, next to Opera cake and Tiramisu, it would be a blondie. Not just any blondie though. It’s got to be buttery and chewy and have that rich toffee flavor from the brown sugar. These Nutella Swirl Blondies tick all of those boxes!
We kicked our classic Chewy Chocolate Chip Blondies up to a whole new level by adding a swirl of Nutella and a sprinkling of sea salt on top. Girl, bye. These will make your eyes roll to the back of your head.
Do you see that swirl??? After pouring the blondie batter into the prepared pan (try not to taste the batter, it’s addictive), just drop spoonsful of Nutella every couple of inches. Then take a paring knife and drag it through the Nutella. Work side to side, making sure the Nutella gets spread around the whole pan. The goal is to have some Nutella in every bite.
Finally, sprinkle a little flaked sea salt on top. Maldon Sea Salt Flakes are my favorite to use for this recipe.
This recipe yields 8 large rectangle blondies or 12 medium sized square blondies.
Nutella Swirl BlondiesCourse: BakingDifficulty: Easy
Butter, melted 170g
Dark Brown Sugar 260g
(1 1/2 cups)
Large Eggs 2
Vanilla 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour 200g
(1 1/2 cups)
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 1/2 tsp (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9×13 pan and line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy, about 5-7 minutes. Make sure the butter has cooled some before adding the eggs.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Using 2 spoons, drop spoonsful of Nutella on top of batter. Use a paring knife to swirl the Nutella around.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 tsp sea salt and bake for 26 minutes, or until the sides of the pan turn golden brown and the middle is set. Do not overbake!
- To cut into squares or rectangles, let cool completely. Then, flip the pan over onto a cutting board. The whole sheet of blondies should come out easily. Now, peel off the parchment paper and flip back over so it’s right-side-up. Use a sharp knife to cut into desired shapes.
- These can be stored at room temperature in an air tight container for 3-4 days.