I know what you’re thinking…does she really need to post a recipe for Rice Krispy Treats? Of course, you could just follow the recipe on the side of the box, but if you want the perfect ratio of butter to marshmallows to cereal, you need to try these!
As a kid, I couldn’t get enough of this iconic American dessert. My mom would pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet and I would start prying them apart as soon as they were cool enough to handle (but still warm). They wouldn’t last long enough to cut into squares! Through the years, I started playing around with different ratios. And today I share the winner with you!
Why are these better than the original?
The original Rice Krispy Treats are yummy. Don’t get me wrong. But as you know, I’m a big fan of butter. Also, I want the right amount of gooeyness when biting into a cereal treat. If cereal crumbs fall from the bar when you bite into it, then there’s not enough marshmallows. You can quote me on that. ?
Now, if you’re thinking that Rice Krispy Treats are for kids, I’m here to prove you wrong. In fact, I’ve even made these for weddings! I like to insert a popsicle stick into the treat, drizzle with melted chocolate or candy melts and then decorate with pretty sprinkles.
My Favorite Rice Krispy TreatsCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Salted Butter 113g
Mini Marshmallows 16 oz.
Rice Krispies Cereal 7 cups
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Take off heat and pour in the cereal. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread as evenly as possible. Cool slightly and then use a silicone spatula to press the top down so it’s a flat, even layer.
- Cool completely and then cut into squares.