Whether you’re making them before Easter for a little celebration treat, or after Easter to use up all of those chocolates you bought, these M&M Chocolate Egg Blondies are a super fun and delicious dessert. They don’t require many ingredients, and it makes a small pan of blondies so they won’t be around long!
This recipe is a just a smaller version of my chewy chocolate chip blondies. They’re best made in an 8×8 baking pan. You don’t need a stand mixer to make these. They can easily be made with a hand mixer, or just by hand with a wooden spoon, but be sure to stir vigorously!
How to make M&M Chocolate Egg Blondies
To start, spray and line your pan with parchment paper. If you don’t have baking spray, you can use our homemade pan release.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add the egg and continue mixing for 3-5 minutes until creamy and smooth. The mixture should be lighter in color now.
Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and chocolate eggs and give it a stir. Pour into your prepared pan and bake just until the edges are brown. The middle may be a little soft but that’s okay. It will continue to bake a little more after you have pulled it from the oven. And I think these are delicious just a tad bit under baked. 😉
For aesthetics, I like to add a few more chopped chocolate eggs to the top of the batter before baking.
For taste, I sprinkle some sea salt on top of the blondies after I’ve pulled them from the oven. It helps offset the sweetness of the blondies and all of the chocolate.
M&M Chocolate Egg BlondiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Unsalted Butter, melted 113g
Light Brown Sugar 175g
1 Large Egg
Vanilla 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour 150g
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips 90g
M&M Chocolate Eggs, chopped 90g
- Spray or butter an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter and brown sugar for about a minute.
- Add the egg and continue beating for 3-5 minutes until lighter in color.
- Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate eggs.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 22-24 minutes. The edges should be brown. If the center is still soft, that’s okay, it will continue to bake a bit more after pulling from the oven.