Whenever I make these brownies I smile because they remind me of my best friend. They’re her favorite, and I wish I could ship her some, but they would be rocks by the time they arrived. Mint Brownies start with our Ultimate Fudge Brownies and then we top with a mint flavored American buttercream. The best part is all of the mint M&Ms and chocolate ganache on top. 🤤
If you choose to garnish with chocolate ganache, heat 100g heavy cream just to a simmer. Pour over 100g chopped chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes and then whisk until smooth. Pour into a piping bag or Ziploc bag, cut the tip off the bag and drizzle over the frosted brownies.
Mint BrowniesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Unsalted Butter 339g
Dark Chocolate, chopped 6 oz.
Light Brown Sugar 95g
6 Large Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
Vegetable Oil 80g
Vanilla 2 tsp
All Purpose Flour 155g
Cocoa Powder 100g
Espresso Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
1 Recipe Mint Buttercream (recipe below)
Optional: Mint M&Ms, chocolate ganache for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 aluminum pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a heat proof bowl, microwave butter and chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil. Beat on high speed until thick and fluffy, at least 5 minutes.
- Temper butter/chocolate mixture into egg mixture by pouring in a slow and steady stream while constantly mixing.
- Add flour, espresso powder, cocoa powder and salt. Mix by hand until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30-36 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the side of the pan and the inside is still soft but set.
- Cool completely. Top with buttercream (recipe below).
- You could replace the dark chocolate with a mint chocolate to add a little mint flavor to the brownies.
mint buttercream Directions
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add 226g unsalted butter (1 cup) and beat on medium-high speed until soft and smooth.
- Add 475g powdered sugar (3 1/2 cups) and beat on high speed. Slowly add 4-5 Tbsp of half and half and continue beating for a total of 10 minutes. The frosting should be white and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 tsp mint extract and beat for another 30 seconds to combine.
- Optional: Add a drop of green food coloring to give it that mint green color.