Neither Kristen nor I are big fans of pumpkin, so you won’t see a lot of pumpkin recipes on our blog. However, there are a couple of pumpkin desserts that my oldest daughter loves, as well as some of our friends, so I bake these on their behalf. This I’m Fallin’ For Ya Pumpkin Bread is one of them.
I’m not going to lie, the smell of my house when this pumpkin bread is baking in the oven is incredible. It makes me want to put on a chunky sweater, curl up with a good book and a cappuccino and embrace autumn.
If you happen to be a big fan of pumpkin, then I’m fairly certain you will love this recipe. Any time I made pumpkin bread at the shop, it sold immediately. My friend Jennifer loved it so much, she would buy several loaves and freeze them so she always had them on hand. These are the memories that come to mind when I bake. I miss my friends from the States so much, but when I bake I feel like I’m right there with them again.
This bread can easily be made without a stand mixer. Just be sure to whisk the wet ingredients really well before adding the dry ingredients.
Sometimes I add chocolate chips to this recipe for a change. No one has ever complained about chocolate! If you want to do that, add 3/4 cup good quality chocolate chips. I like Callebaut dark chocolate chips but feel free to use your favorite brand.
This bread bakes up nice and high so I like to use a 10×5″ loaf pan.
For the perfect loaf, start by mixing the wet ingredients for several minutes until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients. Because of the addition of cornstarch, I like to sift the dry ingredients so there are no lumps. Now, add the dry to the wet and mix just until combined. Finish mixing by hand to avoid overmixing.
Spray or butter the loaf pan. Pour the batter into the pan and bake in a fully preheated oven. It will take 55-65 minutes. You know it’s finished when a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
I’m Fallin’ For Ya Pumpkin BreadCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Pure Pumpkin 275g
(1 1/2 cups)
Vegetable Oil 80g
All Purpose Flour 250g
(1 1/2 cups)
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray or butter a 10×5″ loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix together pumpkin, sugar, oil, water and eggs for several minutes until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and sift so that no lumps remain.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes. A cake tester inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Cool completely and remove from the pan. Slice and serve.
- Generic pumpkin works fine in this recipe. Just make sure that it’s pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.