There is really no better way to get to know someone that to do a little Q & A session. I thought up a bunch of questions to ask Amanda and a lot of it was new information to me too!
- What is your favorite Dessert? Opera cake (I only know what this is because it has been on The Great British Bake Off it looks all kinds of complicated and fancy)
- What is a food or beverage that everyone loves that you HATE? blueberries, bananas
- What is a food or beverage that you LOVE that everyone hates? mush
(please elaborate– what is “mush”… ?)
“Mush is made from cornmeal and water. It was popular during the Great Depression and I love it. I put butter and sugar on it. Or you can fry it the next day and put syrup on it.”
- Describe your favorite meal: fried shrimp, baked potato with butter and bacon
- What is your favorite thing to bake for others? tarts
- What is your favorite party theme you’ve done for your girls and why: Tinkerbell theme — because I secretly love fairies
- Name 3 of your Hobbies: reading, baking, learning French
- What are some of the weirdest jobs you’ve had? I haven’t had any weird jobs.
(really? Nothing kinda weird or embarrassing when you were a teenager?)
When I was a teenager I babysat and picked rocks out of the bean fields for my dad. At 15 I got a job at Hardee’s and then a waitress at Ponderosa.
(OMG Ponderosa! YESSSSS!)
Since we share this blog, I figured I should answer the questions as well so here goes…
- What is your favorite Dessert? Almond Puff Pastry (its actually not made with puff pastry dough as the name suggests but its made with pâte à choux dough, has a buttercream based icing on it with yummy almond extract and sliced almonds on it. A recipe to be shared in the future.)
- What is a food or beverage that everyone loves that you HATE? La Croix, Hard Seltzer, Beer
- What is a food or beverage that everyone hates that you LOVE? Seaweed Salad? Do people hate that or are they just scared to try it?
- Describe your favorite meal: Really great sushi, seaweed salad and then an angel creme donut from Home Cut Donuts. Basically I also just described what I want on my next date night out with Matt!
- What is your favorite thing to bake for others? Cookies. Be it mixed Christmas cookie boxes, iced sugar cookies or good ol’ Chocolate Chip.
- What is your favorite party theme you’ve done for your girls and why: I have to pick a party for each girl because there have been so many parties so please bear with me! For just Aria-it is a tie between her 2nd birthday vintage circus and her 3rd birthday (and final birthday as an only child) Jolly Holiday Mary Poppins party. For Aria + Vivian together, probably their Wreck-it-Ralph birthday. But I also loved their Camp AriViva, Elena of Avalor Fiesta, Moana and Minions parties. I always BRING IT for my girls parties because epic birthdays are my thing! For Maddie this year’s Star Wars birthday might be it, but I loved her 1st birthday UP/Vintage Travel theme and her 2nd Birthday Two Wild party. Sooooo basically I love all the parties I throw for my girls and throwing parties for them is one of my favorite things in the entire world.
- Name 3 of your Hobbies: Sewing, Baking, experimenting with Procreate on my Ipad.
- What are some of the weirdest jobs you’ve had? The weirdest thing I’ve ever done for money was install goat fences with my friend Tom (who grew up on a farm and knew how to do this). I was basically his assistant but it paid well by college money standards and took us a couple days and we got to be around goats and horses all day.
We would love to hear from you about these hot topics…comment on this post or our IG or FB posts and let us know your 8 answers to these questions!
Photos by my friend Emilie at Scarlet Cardinal Studios.