These funfetti cookies aren’t just a sugar cookie with some sprinkles thrown in. These are soft and pillowy cookies that are so fun and flavorful you’ll want to share with all of your friends. It’s a one-bowl recipe, which makes it super simple for the kids to get in there and help!
The secret to the softness is a whole box of vanilla instant pudding! In addition to adding softness, it also gives the cookies an additional flavor profile that isn’t found in other cookies.
Since these cookies bake up so nice and fluffy, you’ll want to use at least a medium sized scoop. If you’re using a large scoop, I suggest pressing down slightly with the palm of your hand so the cookies aren’t too underbaked in the middle.
Funfetti CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Unsalted Butter 113g
Brown Sugar 150g
Vanilla 1 tsp
Instant Vanilla Pudding 3.4 oz
All Purpose Flour 280g
(2 1/4 cups)
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Sprinkles 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the sprinkles with a spatula.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
- For the sprinkles, jimmies are the best. Other sprinkles can melt and cause the colors to dull and bleed.