Who loves pie? 🙋♀️ I love pie in any shape or form, and these fresh peach hand pies with cream cheese crust make it easy to eat. Plus, the pie crust is super easy to make and requires no effort.
First, let’s start with the crust. It’s literally only three ingredients and you don’t have to cut in cold butter like typical pie dough. Just put the softened butter and cream cheese into a mixer bowl and let the machine do the work. Cream them together until they’re fulling blended. Then add the flour and mix until combined. Put the dough in the fridge to chill while you get the peaches ready.
This recipe does require that you use fresh peaches. Peel and slice them, then cut into 1/2″ cubes. Mix with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, and cornstarch. Let that set for about 10 minutes to let the juices escape the peaches. Make sure none of that juice goes into the pies or they will get soggy.
To make the moon shaped hand pies, roll out the dough as thin as possible. Then cut it with a 4″ round circle cutter. Lay on a piece of parchment paper, then spoon a heaping tablespoon of peaches into the middle of the circle. Fold half of the dough over and use a fork to pinch the edges closed. Finally, use a paring knife to cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape when baking.
You can either brush with an egg wash before baking to give it a nice brown sheen, or you can wait until the pies are cool and pour a thin glaze over the top.
These little cuties are so good! And the kids can help put the pies together. I hope you love them!
Fresh Peach Hand Pies with Cream Cheese CrustCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Cream Cheese 6 oz.
All Purpose Flour 240g
2 medium peaches
Cornstarch 1 Tbsp
Sugar 1 Tbsp
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg 1/4 tsp
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and cream cheese and beat until smooth and fully combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate while you prepare the peaches and preheat the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice the peaches, then cut into 1/2″ cubes. Add the sugar, cornstarch and spices and mix together. Let set for 10 minutes and then strain the juice.
- Roll out the dough as thin as possible. Cut with a 4″ circle cookie cutter. You can re-roll the scraps to get 10 circles. If it’s hard to get them thin enough with the rolling pin, you can use your fingers to stretch out the circles even thinner.
- Lay a circle on the parchment paper and spoon a heaping tablespoon of peaches in the middle. Fold half of the dough over and use a fork to pinch the edges together.
- Use a paring knife to cut slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- You can add an egg wash before baking if you wish. However, if you finish with a glaze there’s no need to egg wash.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden in color.
- Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp milk until smooth.
- Pour over cooled pies. Let dry.