I may have mentioned this before, but I can’t live without Jif peanut butter. I crave it. Sometimes on toast or rice cakes, sometimes just by the spoonful. These fluffernutter cookie sandwiches are for peanut butter lovers! I’ve combined peanut butter cookies with a delicious peanut butter marshmallow filling and they are out of this world!
These peanut butter cookies are different from our thick and rich peanut butter cookies. Equally delicious, but they spread when baking so they have a thinner, chewier texture.
The filling is really the star of a cookie sandwich, wouldn’t you say? A fluffernutter sandwich has peanut butter and marshmallow. So, I started by making our vanilla buttercream and then added both peanut butter and marshmallow cream to give it a sweet and creamy filling.
Use a 1M piping tip and a piping bag to fill the cookie sandwiches. Start in the center of the cookie and work your way out by piping a spiral. Then cover with another cookie.
Fluffernutter Cookie SandwichesCourse: Baking
Unsalted Butter 113g
Peanut Butter 240g
(3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp)
Light Brown Sugar 120g
(1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp)
All Purpose Flour 130g
Baking Soda 12g
(2 1/2 tsp)
Fluffernutter Buttercream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and peanut butter until completely smooth and combined.
- Add sugars and beat on high until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all of the sugar gets combined.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and make sure all ingredients are combined.
- Using a medium scoop, place cookies on the cookie sheet at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie just start to turn brown. They will seem under baked in the middle and that’s okay! Let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Fill with fluffernutter buttercream.
- I use superfine sugar for this recipe.
- I like creamy Jif, but you can substitute Skippy or Reese’s peanut butter. Natural peanut butter will not work.
fluffernutter buttercream Directions
- Start with a half batch of vanilla buttercream. Don’t add more than 2 Tbsp of half and half.
- Add 1/2 cup of marshmallow fluff and beat until well combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter and beat on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip. Flip one peanut butter cookie over and pipe a rosette on it. Place another peanut butter cookie on top.