It doesn’t get much easier than this Easter Bunny Bait recipe by Amanda. If you like our Leprechaun Bait, I think you’ll enjoy this yummy recipe too! This sticky, sweet and salty treat can be made with stuff you already have on hand in a matter of minutes. It is perfect for Easter or as a springtime snack!
Per Amanda’s suggestion, I tried coconut oil for the first time in with the white chocolate. It gave it a thinner, nicer consistency for mixing with the marshmallow fluff. I plan to add to future recipes that require the melting of white chocolate. I love getting Amanda’s Pro Baking Tips! That is definitely one of my favorite parts of starting this blog with her–I enjoy learning new things that help improve my own home-baking skills.
My girls cannot keep their hands out of the Bunny Bait bowl! There is no way we’ll have any left by Easter!
Something Amanda suggested but I did not have was Sno-caps candy. Instead, I used some marshmallows to be the “bunny tails” in this mix. I actually did not remember what Sno-caps were until I Googled them. They look like bunny tails so I can see why she suggested them.
In case you missed them, we have some awesome spring printables that are the perfect activity to pair with this yummy treat! My girls loved completing their activity pages and we even printed off some page sets to give to friends.
Easter Bunny Bait RecipeCuisine: Snack, DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 cups Cheerios
4 cups Bagged Plain Popcorn
1 small jar Marshmallow Fluff
6 oz White Chocolate Chips
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 cup Pastel M&M’s or similar chocolate candies
Generous sprinkling of Spring/Easter Sprinkles
Optional: 1-2 cups Mini Marshmallows or Sno-caps candy
- Spread cereal and popcorn evenly across wax paper-topped cookie sheet.
- Melt white chocolate in microwavable container with coconut oil. I did 30 seconds at 50% power twice, stirring in between.
- Mix marshmallow fluff into melted white chocolate and pour over cereal and popcorn.
- Add M&M’s, sprinkles and other candies
- Enjoy this sweet and salty snack!
- Not recommended for consumption by actual pet or wild bunnies but mythical creatures and humans are welcome to enjoy it!
Happy Snacking and have a wonderful Easter, Passover and Spring Break!!! XOXOXO Kristen (and Amanda)