Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a Christmas staple in our family. Although, I’m not sure why we only made them at Christmas time. The inside is like a brownie, while the outside is a little crispy. Before baking they’re rolled in powdered sugar for a little extra sweetness. And when they bake up, they get all those cracks and crinkles in them. They really are a perfect cookie for any time of the year!
How to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Start by mixing the eggs and sugar together for 3 minutes. Add the oil and melted chocolate and continue mixing until everything is combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes.
Use a medium sized scoop to scoop out the cookies. Roll in powdered sugar and then bake. I under bake mine slightly at just around 10 minutes. You can bake for up to 12 minutes for a crispier cookie.
Chocolate Crinkle CookiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Soft and chewy chocolate cookies rolled in powdered sugar.
Vegetable Oil 90g
Dark Chocolate 3 oz.
(1 3/4 cups)
Large Eggs 4
All Purpose Flour 300g
Cocoa Powder 55g
Baking Powder 2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate in 15 second bursts until melted. Add the oil and stir to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line aluminum baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a medium scoop to scoop out the cookies. Roll in powdered sugar and place at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until the center of the cookies aren’t glossy.