What’s better than a chocolate chip cookie? Two chocolate chip cookies with marshmallow cream in between! That wasn’t a joke. Chocolate chip cookie sandwiches are the best!
When I’m going to use these cookies for cookie sandwiches, I swap out the regular chocolate chips for mini chocolate chips. You want to make sure there’s a bit of chocolate in every bite. ?
Making the marshmallow cream really couldn’t be any easier. It’s simply our American vanilla buttercream with marshmallow fluff added. Yum!
I like to pipe the marshmallow cream between the sandwiches for that smooth finish, but you can absolutely use a butter knife or a mini offset spatula to spread it on.
And that’s all there is to it! Take one bite of these chocolate chip cookie sandwiches and tell me how much you love them!
Chocolate Chip Cookie SandwichesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Unsalted Butter 255g
(2 sticks + 2 Tbsp)
Brown Sugar 170g
Vanilla 2 tsp
Milk Powder 1 Tbsp
Bread Flour 350g
(2 1/4 cups)
Cornstarch 1 Tbsp
Baking Soda 2 tsp
Salt 1 1/2 tsp
Mini Chocolate Chips 300g
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, or with a handheld mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium high speed until creamy.
- Add the first egg and mix until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the second egg, vanilla and milk powder and mix until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again on high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Whisk until everything is combined and there are no clumps.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix by hand until combined.
- Using a large scoop, scoop the dough onto baking sheet, leaving at least 3 inches between each cookie. Press each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown. Do not overbake.
- Using a piping bag or mini offset spatula, fill the cookies with marshmallow cream (recipe below), making a cookie sandwich.
marshmallow cream Directions
- Make a batch of our American vanilla buttercream.
- Add 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff to the buttercream and beat on high speed for one minute until combined.