I’ve been making so much homemade ice cream lately that I’ve got to find other ways to eat it besides straight out of the container. My kids have really been into ice cream cookie sandwiches, which got me to thinking. How great would a blondie ice cream sandwich be?!?
That’s kind of a rhetorical question, but I’ll answer it anyway. They’re amazing!!! I took our chocolate chip blondies and baked them in a 9×6.5″ baking dish instead of 9×13″ to make them thicker.
Then, I made a batch of no-churn vanilla ice cream and added colorful jimmies. I scooped the ice cream onto plastic wrap and used my hands to pat it into a rectangle, roughly the size of the blondies.
Lastly, I sandwiched the ice cream between two blondies and rolled in more sprinkles.
The chewiness from the blondies, the creamy coldness from the ice cream and the richness of the chocolate chips is a party in your mouth. ? Don’t miss out on the party! Make these ASAP and let us know how much you love ’em!
Chocolate Chip Blondie Ice Cream SandwichCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Unsalted butter, melted 170g
Brown Sugar 260g
(1 1/2 cups)
Large Eggs 2
Vanilla 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour 200g
(1 1/2 cups)
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Chocolate Chips 100g
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or butter a 9×6.5″ pan.
- Mix melted butter and brown sugar until butter has cooled.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. If you’re mixing by hand, whisk the eggs before adding to the mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined. If you’re mixing by hand, make sure the butter is completely blended and there is no pooling on the surface. This will take 40-50 strokes by hand.
- Add chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown and the middle is set.
- Cool completely. Cut into 8 equal pieces and fill with funfetti ice cream (recipe follows).
- These blondies will be very thick, so the middle may seem under baked but it will bake more after you pull them from the oven.
Funfetti ice cream Directions
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk 2 cups heavy cream. When soft peaks form, add a 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract and continue whisking for another minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of colorful jimmies and fold in.
- Pour into freezer safe container and freeze for 10-12 hours.
blondie ice cream sandwich Directions
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Place a scoop of ice cream on the plastic wrap and fold the plastic wrap over the ice cream.
- Use the palm of your hand to flatten out the ice cream and shape it into a rectangle about the size of the blondies.
- Place the ice cream on the bottom of a blondie and then lay another blondie on top. Roll the edges in more sprinkles.