If you love carrot cake, then you’re going to
die for go crazy for this Carrot Cake Loaf! It’s soft and moist and FULL of FLAVOR. And did I mention that it’s topped with a cream cheese glaze? Need I say more? Yum!
I like to shred the carrots by hand or pulverize them with a food processor. Don’t use the shredding attachment because you’ll get long strands of carrots. We want them to completely blend in with the other ingredients. After shredding, do not ring out the liquid. It adds extra moisture to the cake. 🤤
My favorite loaf pan to use for this cake is by USA Bakeware. It bakes up so beautifully in this pan. Just be sure to spray or butter the pan before adding the batter.
Carrot Cake LoafCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Vegetable Oil 90g
Brown Sugar 65g
2 Large Eggs
Shredded Carrots 165g
(about 1 1/4 cups)
All Purpose Flour 150g
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cocoa Powder 1 Tbsp
Cinnamon 1 tsp
Pinch of Ground Cloves
Orange Zest 1 Tbsp
Cream Cheese Glaze (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or butter a loaf pan. I also like to place parchment on the bottom and sides since it’s a very moist loaf which can cause sticking.
- Beat the vegetable oil and sugars on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for an additional minute after each egg.
- Add the shredded carrots and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just to combine.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely then remove from the pan and add glaze (recipe below).
cream cheese glaze Directions
- In a bowl add 2 oz. cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp milk.
- Whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour over cooled cake.