I’ve been jonesing for blondies a lot lately. And I’ll tell you a secret: sometimes I make them after the kids go to bed because I don’t have to run the mixer and I can eat them in silence without sharing. 🙃 It’s like my late night guilty pleasure. This time I decided to brown the butter for a nuttier taste and I added marshmallows. These brown butter chocolate mallow blondies are the bees knees!
How to make Brown Butter Chocolate Mallow Blondies
These blondies are super easy to make, just like all of my other blondie recipes. To start, brown the butter by adding it to a small saucepan and cooking over medium heat until it turns dark brown. Don’t strain out the little brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Those add to the flavor.😉 Set that aside to cool. If it’s too hot it will scramble the eggs.
In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar and brown butter. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until everything is well combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallows and give it a stir. Pour into your prepared pan and bake just until the edges are brown. The middle may be a little soft but that’s okay. It will continue to bake a little more after you have pulled it from the oven. And I always like my blondies a tad bit under baked.
Mini marshmallows would probably work best. They don’t have those here so I bought the big ones and cut them in half. I mixed half of them in with the batter and then pushed the rest into the top of the blondies before baking. They do get really chewy on top. If you don’t like that texture, just mix them all into the dough.
Brown Butter Chocolate Mallow BlondiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Chewy blondies with a nutty flavor from the brown butter and extra chewiness from marshmallows.
Unsalted Butter 130g
(about 9 Tbsp)
Light Brown Sugar 175g
1 Large Egg
Vanilla 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour 150g
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Chocolate Chips 90g
Mini Marshmallows 60g
- Spray or butter an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat until it turns dark brown. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the browned butter and brown sugar for about a minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing for 3-5 minutes until lighter in color.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges should be brown. If the center is still soft, that’s okay, it will continue to bake a bit more after pulling from the oven.
- I pulled these out after 18 minutes and they were deliciously gooey and chewy. If you like your blondies with more of a cookie texture, cook for 20-22 minutes.