You won’t catch me sipping a glass of Bourbon, but I do like it in dessert. Especially combined with pecans and/or brown sugar. These Bourbon Pecan Blondies combine all three for a wonderfully warm dessert. Speaking of warm, they are FANTASTIC when eaten fresh out of the oven with a scoop of no-churn vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Any time you are baking with nuts, be sure to toast them first to bring out the flavor and aroma. You can either toast them in the oven for 10 minutes or on the stove on low heat for 10 minutes.
Use a good chocolate to really enhance the flavor of the pecans and the Bourbon. I like Callebaut chocolate chunks, but don’t go out and spend a lot of money on a big bag of fancy chocolate unless you bake a lot. Just buy a good chocolate bar and cut it up into chunks.
I’m not sure if a good Bourbon is required. 🤷♀️ I just use my husband has in the liquor cabinet. A little goes a long way! He won’t even know it’s been used. 😉
I like to use a light brown sugar for these blondies. We don’t want any flavor to overpower the others.
Bourbon Pecan BlondiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Butter, melted 170g
Light Brown Sugar 260g
(1 1/2 cups)
Large Eggs 2
Vanilla 2 tsp
Bourbon 4 Tbsp
All Purpose Flour 200g
(1 1/2 cups)
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Sea Salt 1 1/2 tsp
Toasted Pecans, chopped 65g
Chopped Dark Chocolate 80g
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9×13 pan and line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy, about 5-7 minutes. Make sure the butter has cooled some before adding the eggs.
- Add eggs, vanilla and Bourbon and beat until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt. Mix until combined.
- Add chocolate and pecans and mix by hand just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 tsp sea salt and bake for 26 minutes, or until the sides of the pan turn golden brown and the middle is set. Do not overbake!