One of the foods we miss the most here in Luxembourg is a good bagel. The bagels here don’t compare to American bagels. When we’re missing something, I try to come up with a recipe that will help satisfy that craving. I’ve made deep dish pizza, funnel cakes, spicy chicken sandwiches, and loads of Thai recipes that my sweet friend Wassana has been teaching me.
I tried making bagels but they didn’t make us ooh and ahh. So I thought maybe an everything bagel seasoning would help give me that flavor that I’m looking for. Then, I saw a mini loaf of Italian bread at the store sliced just perfectly and I knew exactly what to do with it!
I buttered a slice of the bread and toasted it on the stove. Then, I slathered it with avocado, everything bagel seasoning, tomato and a fried egg. OMG SO GOOD!!! But I’m still craving a good bagel.
Avocado Everything ToastCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
1 slice Italian bread
Butter, 2 Tbsp
1 avocado, mashed
2 slices tomato (depending on the size of your bread)
1 egg, fried
Olive Oil 2 tsp
- Butter one side of the bread.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, place the bread butter side down until golden brown.
- Turn the bread over and toast until lightly browned. Remove from heat and place on a plate.
- Mash one avocado in a bowl and smear it over the buttered side of the toast.
- Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over the avocado.
- Lay 2 slices of tomato over the avocado and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Using the same skillet over medium-high heat, fry an egg in 2 tsp olive oil. Using a spatula, remove egg from the pan and lay over the tomato slices.
- You can use olive oil in place of butter.