There are many things I crave in the fall. Most of all I crave anything with cinnamon. This Apple Pie in a Cup was created when I owned the shop and I wanted to serve a hot apple cider but take it up a notch. It’s made by boiling down a simple syrup with plenty of cinnamon and adding it to the hot apple cider. Finish it off with whipped cream and another sprinkle of cinnamon. It tastes just like apple pie!
To make the simple syrup, add 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup water into a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and add 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Continue to cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. Take off the heat and let it cool slightly.
You can use the syrup immediately. Just add 1 tablespoon to an 8 oz cup of hot apple cider and stir. Then top with whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
Apple Pie in a CupCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
Brown Sugar 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Cinnamon 1 Tbsp
- In a small saucepan, combine water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Add cinnamon and stir until completely combined. Continue to boil for another 10 minutes to allow the mixture to reduce to a syrup.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly before using.
- Add 1 Tbsp per 8 oz hot apple cider.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- The syrup will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.